Casa Cornett

For family and friends to keep in touch with Matt, Kate, Jack and Noah!

Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Colds and Trees

Well, if it isn't one thing, it's another. Jack and I have a cold. So far Matt has stayed healthy. But, on Friday we're going up to Sebastopol or wherever we end up and cutting down a Christmas tree! I used to have a cat (Henry) who would sit under the tree and chew on the needles and in his efforts to pull the needles off the tree he would occasionally pull the whole tree down. I have a feeling Jack will be pulling similar stunts this year. He's really into climbing furniture, too, so I wonder if we'll find him halfway up the tree some time.

We did this last year with Jack. It has sort of been a family tradition in my family to wander out that way, eat at the Washoe House and bring home a tree. I thought it was a lovely tradition so we're continuing it with our little family. I looove the smell of a freshly cut Christmas tree. The Washoe House is a little out of the way roadhouse in Petaluma with some damn good clam chowder. I just went looking for a link and actually found some interesting info on the place. Who knew? This page has some basic info and this page has some more bizarre facts about the place.

Here's a picture of Jack last year at the Washoe House. He's just about 5 months old. He's chewing on his thumb, patiently waiting for his chowder.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home