Casa Cornett

For family and friends to keep in touch with Matt, Kate, Jack and Noah!

Saturday, January 07, 2006

'Tis the Season

So, the holidays were fun. Jack is definitely spoiled by all his extended family members, but that's okay, we like him that way.

Here are a few pictures:

Here's Jack peering into his stocking. He was a little confused on the concept, he kept trying to put the toys back into the stocking. He would take a few toys out and then put them all back in before getting to the bottom. Matt's trying to explain to him that it's okay to take them ALL out. Jack seems a bit skeptical...



Here we are letting Jack play with his new wagon! Nonnie and Dardo got it for him, but we make him pull it himself...



Just kidding - seriously, he loves his wagon - he likes to push it AND ride in it:



He's been talking a lot, too. Some of his new words include "Wheel" (appropriate, due to his OBSESSION with tires and wheels), "Dirty" (also appropriate, seeing as how he likes things to be clean), "Oh, shit" (I swear I have no idea where that came from...), and "Love you" (that has to be the sweetest thing ever). The kid can also say some form of "Mama" now! He says "Mee-Mee," but I'll take it. And he can say "Jack!" It comes out more like, "Gack," but it's his name, I suppose he can say it however he wants.

Speaking of speaking, Jack is part moth. His first word was light and he loves to turn on and off the light switches. He'll stand under lights, climb desperately to get to them... Anyway, let me just tell you that EVERY time we passed Christmas lights this season he would say, "Light! Ooh, wow. Light! Light!" Until they were behind us. Spurred on by Christmas lights he would then say that to brake lights, neon signs, stop lights, street lamps...

As for us adults, Matt got me a shiny new Kitchen Aid mixer and my mom got us a Cuisinart, so we've been cooking up a storm! I made pizza dough from scratch several times - it's become one of our favorites, and fresh pasta a few times - a work in progress, and, like I said in a previous post I've just generally been baking up a storm. One thing I've been doing recently is making my own yogurt. I never knew how easy it was to do and you can't get any fresher than day old yogurt. It's actually really good and there are all kinds of things you can do to make it sweeter or tarter and thicker or thinner. And there's some in the fridge right now that I'm turning into yogurt cheese... This is my first time making yogurt cheese, so I'm withholding judgment until it's done. And I'm rambling about food again. I've been doing that a lot recently...

OH, YEAH, and I got myself a fancy new camera with all kinds of fancy controls on it, so I'm looking forward to posting some of my new pictures! It's being shipped and should be here soon!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home