Ooops.
Remember the last time I tried to cut Jack's hair? Well, he really didn't like the scissors, so I decided to use the electric clippers this time, and get it over with quickly. Matt, Jack and I went out into the backyard, gave Jack a toy, showed him the clippers, showed him how we were tickling the toy with the clippers - haha, so funny, right? It's okay, baby, why are you screaming? See? We tickle Daddy's leg, we tickle Mommy's leg, we tickle Jack's leg - woah, okay, we won't tickle your leg. Why do you look so concerned?

We're just going to get it out of your eyes, off your ears, and trim it a little in the back. I don't know why you're crying, but it will be over in just a minute. Hey, come back here...

You know, when you're moving around this much, it makes it really hard to cut - oops, well, lets do the other side then. Um, okay, we'll trim the back and do the front next. See? The back looks beautiful. Okay, you can hold on to Daddy, it's okay, you can cry I'll just, well, I'll just run these clippers up here and few times... over there... above your ear... wait, stop, hold on, a little up this way... and, viola! Oops.
What I had basically done was give the poor kid a buzz cut on the first inch of hairline and then long hair sprouted up behind it. This, by the way, looks really weird. We gave him a bath to get all the hairs off and figure out what to do next. There wasn't much we could do to save it. We could take him to a professional and have them cut it all off, or we could torture him for a few more minutes and cut it all off ourselves. I brought the clippers up to the bathroom, Matt held Jack in his arms and I buzzed it all off. Sniffle, sniffle. All that gorgeous hair. But, it'll grow back. And he does look impossibly cute. Very much like a big boy. And just like his Daddy. Click here and here and here and here for pictures.

We're just going to get it out of your eyes, off your ears, and trim it a little in the back. I don't know why you're crying, but it will be over in just a minute. Hey, come back here...

You know, when you're moving around this much, it makes it really hard to cut - oops, well, lets do the other side then. Um, okay, we'll trim the back and do the front next. See? The back looks beautiful. Okay, you can hold on to Daddy, it's okay, you can cry I'll just, well, I'll just run these clippers up here and few times... over there... above your ear... wait, stop, hold on, a little up this way... and, viola! Oops.
What I had basically done was give the poor kid a buzz cut on the first inch of hairline and then long hair sprouted up behind it. This, by the way, looks really weird. We gave him a bath to get all the hairs off and figure out what to do next. There wasn't much we could do to save it. We could take him to a professional and have them cut it all off, or we could torture him for a few more minutes and cut it all off ourselves. I brought the clippers up to the bathroom, Matt held Jack in his arms and I buzzed it all off. Sniffle, sniffle. All that gorgeous hair. But, it'll grow back. And he does look impossibly cute. Very much like a big boy. And just like his Daddy. Click here and here and here and here for pictures.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home